Monday, February 16, 2015

Personal Information Inquiry Entry 2

Asking

The first stage of Jukes' 5As is Asking. In this stage, I listed the questions that I want to answer about my trip to England. 
  • Where do I want to go?
  • When do I want to go?
  • How long will the trip be?
  • How much will it cost?
  • How much is airfare?
  • How much and how do I apply for a passport?
According to Jukes, I should share my personal knowledge in this stage. I do not have a lot of knowledge since I have not been to England since I was a small child when my father was in the Air Force. For that reason, I think I should research tours of England rather than try to plan the entire trip myself. It is at this time, that I am experiencing what Kuhlthau described as "Initiation" and "Selection." I am aware of my lack of knowledge, and I am feeling a mixture of excitement about the possibility of learning more and the apprehension of not knowing enough to adequately plan the trip.

References cited on Entry 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment