Sunday, February 15, 2015

Paseo 3.1 Judi Terpening's Personal Information Inquiry Entry 1

For my Personal Information Inquiry, I decided to plan a trip to England. This is something that I have wanted to research, and this exercise is the perfect excuse to spend some time exploring my options and to dust the cobwebs from my Argyle Avenger blog. I have seriously neglected the blog, and I am sure that my three followers have missed me terribly. The last time I posted anything was for another class in 2012.

I began my inquiry by skimming and reading the information on the Course Website. After reviewing several information search models, I decided to use Ian Jukes' 5As: Asking, Accessing, Analyzing, Applying and Assessing. The model makes sense to me, and I enjoy alliteration. The clincher, though, was that Jukes referenced and compared the information inquiry process of Jean-Luc Picard, captain of the starship Enterprise from the television series "Star Trek: The Next Generation." I felt an immediate connection to a fellow Trekkie.  

References cited on Entry 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment